Update from Camp Casey Conference Services concerning COVID-19
Last updated on March 25, 2020
We know some of you may be concerned about the COVID-19 outbreak as it relates to Camp Casey. Seattle Pacific University is monitoring the situation on campus and at Camp Casey.
SPU and Camp Casey have cancelled lodgings at Camp Casey through April 30, 2020. We are hopeful to have normal operations beginning May 1, 2020. Fort Casey Inn is also currently closed and will reopen April 7, 2020.
The physical office will be closed as the office staff move home to remote operations. The voicemail will be checked Monday-Friday. Please email us at email@example.com.
What steps are being taken at Camp Casey?
- The Office of Facility and Project Management maintains a regular and thorough cleaning process around Camp Casey. Day-to-day cleaning operations are governed by an infectious disease protocol, and high-touch surfaces and restroom fixtures throughout Camp Casey are cleaned regularly.
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers are located near the restrooms in Mess Hall A and at other central locations.
- Dining employees also follow strict rules for cleaning and food safety.
- Please encourage your participants to stay home if they are sick or if they are at a high risk for complications and to practice good hygiene, including proper hand washing.
What if I need to cancel or reschedule my event?
If you would like to reschedule your event, we will work with you and accommodate you as availability allows. If you are unable to reschedule, you may be subject to the cancellation terms in your contract. If the situation worsens and Camp Casey cancels your event, you will receive a refund.
Island County Public Health has issued community recommendations. Please review these as you plan.
Below are some resources you may find helpful:
- CDC Interim Guidance for Mass Gatherings or Large Community Events
- Island County Health news, guidance, and resources
- FAQs and travel guidelines for the Seattle area
- Seattle Pacific University COVID-19 updates and FAQsThe physical office will be closed as the office staff move home to remote operations. The voicemail will be checked Monday-Friday. Please email us at